Cape wine tours
A great day in the winelands close to Cape Town
The wine producing regions of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek make up an extremely picturesque area not far from Cape Town.
Set amidst magnificent mountain ranges, this is a wine route offering travellers a great experience of wine tasting, cellar tours and tasty South African cuisine. A full day outing from Cape Town allows you a brief glimpse into this wonderful area.
The wine routes of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek.
Full day Paarl - wine, cheese, chocolate, goats and glass
Estates we visit
- Vrede and Lust - Enthuisiastic Wine Tasting - wines with local cheese, chocolate, and other delicacies.
- Fairview - Cheese and wine tasting. Apart from their great wines, Fairview produce award winning cheeses, some of which is from the milk of their resident goats.
- Seidelberg - Wine tasting, Red Hot Glass. An added attraction at Seidelberg is Red Hot Glass - here you can watch molten glass being blown and formed into colourful works of art.
Depending on your preferences, you can also be taken on a cellar tour which will take you through the process of producing the fine wines of this area.
Full day Stellenbosch - wine tasting, cellar tour ( optional ), and chocolate experience.
Estates we visit
- Waterford - You may choose from a range of wine experiences. The standard tasting covers the Waterford, Kevin Arnold and Pecan Stream wines. The wine and chocolate experience is a unique experience with custom-made chocolates
paired with the red and dessert wines. The vintage tasting covers the rare wines specially selected by the Waterford winemaker.
- Dornier - With it's unique architecture, Dornier is an interesting attraction in the Cape winelands. Snack on some Feta cheese and olives while you sample their great wines.
- Uva Mira - Wine tasting from high on the slopes of the Helderberg. Rated by some as the most beautiful place in the Stellenbosch region to sip on good wine, Uva Mira has unmatched views from it's position in the hills.
Full day Franschoek - wine tasting, flowers and essential oils, history - Franschoek is also the food capital of South Africa,
Estates we visit
- Moreson -
The 'Chacuterie & Wine Tasting' makes the wine tasting experience at Moreson a special occasion. A selection of Môreson Wines are individually paired with some delectable homemade snacks.
The restaurant, "Bread & Wine", is a character-filled, rustic restaurant that has won numerous accolades for its wonderful
food - highly recommended to enjoy your lunch at this fantastic restaurant.
- La Motte -
Tastings of la Motte’s award-winning wines take place in the spacious wine tasting room, with its view of oak barrels
stacked in the maturation cellar and raging fire in the winter months.
La Motte also propogates the unique 'disa' and 'blushing bride' flowers, and during the flowering season, mid-October until
mid-February, flowers are on display and may be purchased in the La Motte tasting room. During this period, visitors can choose to be taken on a guided tour through the disa tunnels by La Motte's
- Solms-Delta -
An interesting estate to visit, the wine tasting takes place in the museum complex on the farm. The "Museum van de Caab" displays historical and archaeological traces of the people who lived on and around the farm in years gone by. They have a trust set up which ensures that half of all profits from wine sales goes to historically disadvantaged local residents.
Return from "Cape wine tours" to "Tours"
Book a bus